Sunday 3 December 2006

shadows over silhouettes









Playing with my own shadows over the top of a silhouette drawing. The interplay of drawing with white, projected light and reflected light (photography). Its pretty fun. I am really excited about the idea of animating some of these drawings with film eventually.

This is the early development of a silhouette drawing I did with Mandy (as seen in previous photos) for my current exhibition that is up at the Workshop.

The practise page, next to the good copy (you can see them together below).
This is on cheap brown card, so the paint sunk right into the paper and dulled it down (the brightness you can see here is me mucking around with the levels on the computer). I really like the two drawings together as one piece. The movement between the "practising" and "this is on really good paper" in both the model and the artist. There wasnt enough room in my exhibition to put both up so you get the extended version here.







No comments: