Sunday 3 December 2006

Sanctuary opening







My exhibition "Sanctuary" opened a couple of days ago. Two life sized silhouette drawings (2.4x1.5m and 2.4x3m), a grid of 161 self portraits, drawings of roses and photographs of magnolias, powerlines and dead flowers.
All the work is new and previously unseen in the public eye. Their eyes are full now. And there are crystals in mine. Dried sleep in the corner of my eyes, blurred visions in patterns. Exhibitions are hard work. Do check it out if you are in Melbourne. The work is up at the Workshop (www.theworkshop.com.au if you need directions) which is a beautiful place to hang out with an abundance of indoor plants and lovely bar staff who make great mocktails with fresh lime. Everything is for sale and happy to go home with other people.

I have made a catalogue for the exhibition. Which is really like a zine of drawings. It is printed on 100% post consumer recycled paper, hand sewn with inked titles. Limited edition of 100 and signed my me. It is only $5. Let me know if you want one (chayya.clancy@gmail.com).
The opening was lovely, thankyou to everyone that came and to Kaka Bulan (Supina and Bea) for playing beautiful music. I'll let you know if I find any photos.

No comments: