Wednesday 20 December 2006

Process







Process is vital to my work as an artist and human being.

In this project I wanted to map out a relationship between two people and their lines on paper. I had to this point drawn quite a few individuals and their silhouettes, but drawing two people at the same time was a challenge I hadnt yet begun to explore. It was a lot harder than I envisaged. The dynamic of artist and model changes to artist viewing the relationship between two humans and trying not to affect the natural bond whilst translating it into a visually balanced aesthetic, and obviously having to affect the dynamic somewhat. Orchestration without being contrived...

The first drawing I did was quite beautiful (see above) but didnt capture the story I wanted to tell, so I sanded it off and drew another picture over the top using different models. Conceptually I love the idea of there being layers in this drawing, a history, a movement, taking it further. The first drawing looked at the vulnerability and abandonement in relationships and the finished drawing played more with the idea of hope and potential and a solid connection between two people.

The drawing in the post "Mapping out a new Script" is the final outcome of this exploration.

No comments: